Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sematan Beach and Market

Last week I had gone to Sematan. This is my second visit to Sematan. Well, before I come here that day, I have went to Lundu which is located not far away from Sematan, I think about 1 hour drive maybe. In Lundu, I did not go for visiting although the beach in Lundu is well known as one of the best in Sarawak. I go to Lundu for some supervision work follow my supervisor to the district office for some JKR work.

Well, I’m not going to talk about what I do in Lundu but what I want to share here is what I had done after the supervision work. After we left Lundu, we went to Sematan to have our Lunch. Sematan is a place near the sea side. Hence, you can buy fresh sea food here. The wet market in Sematan is not big but the sea food here is fresh and cheaper than the price in Kuching market. After we finish our lunch, we walk to the market to see what we can bring back.The choices are not much in Sematan market because all the sea food sell here is based on what they can catch.


This is horseshoe crab. Have you ever eat this? They are still alive. I never eat this before but from what I know they did not eat their meat but eat their egg. Hence all the horseshoe crabs here are female. I wonder how they differentiate their gender. I bought my self 2kg of crab home. Quite regret for not buying the horseshoe crab, next time must buy and have a try.

After leaving the market, we headed to the beach. There’s a resort call Palm Beach Resort in Sematan where it is a nice place to relax yourself. We did not go there but to the public beach in Sematan. Well, we did not swim, just drop by to feel the sea wind before we take our way back to office. Sematan did not change much since my last visit.

4 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

I never been to Lundu, let alone Sematan

Pike-chan said...

I've never been to those 2 places and I wonder how horse shoe crab eggs taste like...

SGRMSE. said...

I've never been to East Malaysia ]]= But I plan to someday. And I am NOT a fan of prawn & crab eggs. I guess they're an acquired taste.

Kuching Remisier Blog said...

i wonder which shop u went to for lunch, there is a shop at corner cook really taste good dish and fresh seafood.. miss it..