Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Flying Kite

Above is a 130-meter and 12 kilograms kite in the shape of the Great Wall. The kite was designed and made by Zhang Tianwei, a master in kite designing. It took him three years time to complete this giant kite. Look carefully, the kite had a portrait of Qin Shihuang leading the head position, followed by a more-than-100-meter micro great wall. This kite needs 10 people to fly it. I wonder how there fly a kite with such a weight. Anyway, the kite was still successfully flown on top the sky of Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shannxi.

Well, I really don’t know how to fly a kite which needs the contribution of 10 people but last week I finally got my first time to fly a kite. It might be quite embarrass to said so but it is true that it’s my first time. During my childhood I never play with a kite before partly because the housing area where I stay doesn’t suitable to fly a kite. So all this time I have the desire to fly a kite and it finally comes true. Yeah!




See how high it flew, actually there are picture of my kite which flew higher than this but I didn’t show it because the kite can’t be seen in the picture due to the height and the quality of camera.I think you have to enlarge the picture above if you really want to see the kite where I have circled. The enjoyment of flying a kite is not less than playing a remote control mini helicopter or hitting keyboard at home for DOTA (Defense Of The Ancient).





I enjoy so much flying a kite with a nice surrounding, at the beach of Sematan. Thanks god that the wind was on my side that day so even I’m just a beginner but the kite just flew to the sky easily. Look at the picture below, I don’t even need any skill but my cute keroro’s kite just flew in the mid air without falling.









Here is Sematan. A very small town where there only have few rows of shop and a wet market. The beach here is known to be very beautiful in Sarawak but unfortunately I can’t get a nice shot because the time I was there isn’t correct. The tide was on the ebb so the beach seem like dying.. Haha… Sematan is about 115KM from my house, the total journey is about 230KM.So it cost me about RM50 of petrol. Below are few pictures I took at Sematan.




5 comments:

Kuching Remisier Blog said...

there is a shop which cook very super nice dish. and very fresh squid. got time pergi together makan lah.. haha.. u drive i cia u eat .. ok ok.. haha..

Annoymous said...

nice scenery , big place to fly kite

Ezequiel Leversee said...

playing kite...it reminds me of my childhood where i always failed to lift kite up to sky..sob sob sob but it was fun though =P

Unknown said...

cool.. love the first few kites. i always thought of trying out flying kites but nvr had the chance to do so =S

Sharing Is Caring said...

haha...nice kite...btw,can i borrow ur kite?LOL....miss my old moment playing kite with my fren...